Meet our new furry child

We adopted this puppy today. He is a 9  month old Great Pyrenees. Yes hard as it is to believe he is only 9 months old. Just a puppy.  His name is Frodo but he has not had that name very long we were told and I don't know if we are keeping it. We are considering naming him "Keeper" .... He is a big old baby that just loves to be petted and loved on! LOL, big being the key word I guess LOL... We adopted him from Moka's Dog Rescue in Allen Texas. They are a all breed rescue group. They were sooooooooooo nice to work with! We actually went to look at a Australian Cattle Dog, Blue Heeler they had up for adoption,  but for several reasons once we met the little fella we just didn't think he was the right fit for us. I saw Frodo the minute we walked in and he was just so cool and you guys know how I love a big dog and deep down that is really what I wanted :O)....Well as you can see he came home with us :O). He is the right fit we think for us. He will be our new constant companion on the farm. 
He will be a inside dog for us, though yes we have goats. He has never been around goats but he just wagged his tail when he saw ours today, He woofed a playful woof at them when he say them. My goats all ran LOL of course as they don't know him LOL.. Over time they will get used to him being around all the time :O). 

He is already neutered, he is up to date on all shots, he is crate trained,  he walks pretty good on a harness with a leash and doesn't drag me LOL. He is micro chipped. He rides great in the truck too! We got him a crate as we always crate our dogs when I go to the grocery store or what not as its for their safety as much as the houses.  Our large crate we had was to small for this guy so we got the biggest crate they make. Its so darn big we had to move a piece of furniture out of  the entry to make room for it. He goes right in it. He is in there now taking a nap as he is worn out from his big day of events, it was a long busy day for a 9 month old puppy!

So here is our new baby!!! I know hard to believe but he is really 9 months old LOL





This is his crate and him in it. It looks a bit big now but once he is full grown it will be the right size for him. He is so long now when he is all stretched out he only has about 6" left in length LOL. I think its a bit on the tall side but he will need the length. I want him to be comfortable when he is in it not all cramped up. 


Can I just tell you when a 9 month old Great Pyrenees gets the puppy zoomies that he scales the furniture umm literally LOL.. We were like ummm ok we will need to work on that LOL .. He wanted to play and got  the puppy zoomies and he was bouncing from the Sofa to the chairs to the floor etc ROFL ROFL... As I say we will work on that LOL

27 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh my gosh! he's beautiful!!! i love him, no matter what his name will be!!!

9 mos. is the PERFECT age! i swear! the worst of the puppyhood is over with, and they've already got a good head on their shoulders so will learn very quickly. bb and baron were both 8-9 mos. old when i brought them home. and thelma and louise were 9 mos. old when we saved them off the back road. the dog we adopted before that was also 9 mos. old. extremely easy to train them all at that age!!!

maybe you should name him 'zoomy'. :)

DebH said...

Now that is one nice looking pup! Oh, I love that breed. So sweet and when they Love people..oh my do they love those people! Looks like he'll fit that crate in no time. He is a very nice looking boy and Congrats!

~Laurie~ said...

Mmmmm, mmmmmm - he is beeeautiful. They are great dogs - we had a neighbor with this breed once. Great companion dog, but they like to jump in your lap - I think they underestimate their size!! LOL!! Great choice - best wishes for a long and happy life!!!

IanH said...

Great choice! Great Pyrenees! sounds like you need an Austrian name for him, something like Yodel. :0)

the wild magnolia said...

He is wonderful! He will calm down in time and with lots of patience and work. He will totally be worth it. He looks like a Keeper to me. ;-) Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the whole family, he sure does look happy and I LOVE the name Frodo! Huggies to Frodo....PLEASE! xx

Anonymous said...

Guess she turned out to be a he...lol!

Nancy in MT said...

Great Pyrenees are wonderful guard dogs, my neighbor has several and they are so protective of family and other pets. He is beautiful and lots more growing to do. He looks very happy.

Terry said...

He's beautiful!!! I am soooo happy for you! Meant to be.

Sandy Livesay said...

Congratulations on your new adoption!

1st Man said...

Awww, he's just beautiful!!! Wow...I like the name Frodo, but I like Keeper too....

Can't wait to "watch" him grow up!!

Love Of Quilts said...

You do like big dogs! He is pretty and I'm glad he has a home.

brokenteepee said...

Isn't he going to weigh like 900lbs when he grows up?

He is adorable

Annie*s Granny said...

What a beautiful boy he is! Congratulations to both you and Frodo/Keeper for finding each other.

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful Sandy! Congrats! I saw one of those once at a restaurant, it was a service dog, it was HUGE! I kind of like the name Frodo.

MushyWear said...

He's a Keeper alright! Congratulations and have fun with him!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Ooo! He's very nice! I like how even though he's just come home with you he's happy, his eyes are smiley and he's comfy in his surroundings.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

He is so handsome and sweet faced! Congratulations :-)

Hilltop Homestead said...

He will continue to win your heart over even deep with each passing day. We love our GPs. You are right, perfect fit for you. They are so child like and loving. - Genevieve

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful guy! I'm sure with all the hair a Pyrenees has, he'll be happy to be in the house in the AC. Congratulations!

TxFarmhouse said...

Great choice!! You're going to love him!! He'll be your best bud.

LindaG said...

Very pretty dog. Congratulations!

small farm girl said...

Such a cutie! He looks just like our GP. Same age too.

Anonymous said...

Ho my god!!
This dog is looking very nice and beautiful with dog bed.dog crate furniture

Furry Bottoms said...

I love love love love Great Pyrnees. They're so beautiful and hard workers. I love puppy zoomies!! My 8 yr old dog still gets the zoomies once in a while. It makes me laugh!

Robbyn said...

You got a Pyr rescue...oh how wonderful!!!!!!!! LOVE the pics! (and after reading back through some of your recently archived posts, I'm wondering in an unrelated way if you will share your eggplant tapenade canning recipe? I LOVE eggplant but don't know many ways to prepare, much less save, it. Fried is my favorite, but I'd like to branch out and the tapenade sounds soooo YUM :)

Carla said...

He's gorgeous! What does it take to feed a dog like that?