Meet the new crew... 7 Angora Goats, 2 Bucks 5 Does and a spinning wheel, which there is no photo of. 
The perfect goats for a vegetarian. No worries someone will eat them if you have to sell some. These guys are fiber goats, not meat goats, not dairy goats. I don't plan on selling any of the kids for a long, long time. We will eventually reach capacity and I know I will have to. But people buy these goats for their fiber or because they are calm and make nice pets and they still make good clean up goats. Keeper adores these goats! They like him too!

You can see Cubey and her friends in the background. We will always have Cubey. :O)

He is great isn't he! Sooooo sweet, loves to be petted.
These are both the bucks, the one to the left has big old wide horns. The other fella is a bit smaller and has big horns but not as wide. You have to look out for those horns when you bring the feed! They don't try to get you but they move around of course to get the best spot to eat and if your in the way, yep you get frogged with a horn. 
Do you love this fellas horns. I named him Zeus
This little sweety has long ears and just looks like a Teddy Bear :O) 
This little girl had one broke horn but she is so sweet. She said I want to come home with you too. 
So she did! 


This girly has some big old curls and very soft hair. 


16 comments:

brokenteepee said...

I LOVE the horns.
They are so cuddly looking.
Congratulations

TexWisGirl said...

my word! you don't have enough to do, do you? :)

they look sweet, though. :)

Lynda said...

I was just thinking about you and your blog the other day! Going back to work has set me back on my blogging too...always something else on the farm needs to get done. I too have gone back to swimming at the Gym in the heated pool and here at the house (cold pool)...My goal: kayaking on the River...need lots of upper body strength that I've been lacking since my motorcycle accident.
Love your goats...spinning mohair is a favorite...and I think it's awesome the way it takes up a dye! Yummy! Keep us in the loop and take care.

Sandy Livesay said...

Congrats on the new babies, I love the horns!!! You're going to be extremely busy with these new critters. How's Keeper doing?

small farm girl said...

I always wondered about these goats. Keep us updated on how they do!!!!

1st Man said...

Wow, how awesome! They do look like you just want to hug them (away from the horns of course!).

Can't wait to see new adventures with them and updates on all the new creations with the spinning wheel. Too cool! Congrats!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Just knowing that no one will eat them makes me feel warm and fuzzy...let alone with their fur!...:)JP

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What cute goats! !! I love how woolly they are.

Inger said...

I'm so glad to get some news from you. Reading your recent posts, I understand how busy you must have been. And will continue to be with all these cuties and working on the outside too. These goats, I don't think I have ever seen one before, are adorable. Keeper is looking great too, so grown up now. Take care.

Furry Bottoms said...

so so so cute and sweet looking and I keep wondering how they can see where they're going?

Carolyn said...

That's so cool! Are you planning to spin their .. is it called a fleece, like for sheep? and make something for yourself? I hope so!

Carolyn said...

thanks for the reply, but I guess maybe you didn't like my recent make then? :)

Inger said...

Merry Christmas and thanks for stopping by, it is always good to hear from you. Samson is big for his breed and weighs too much. He gained after being on steroids and is only slowly losing it. They look a bit alike, big white dogs, and good ones too.

Unknown said...

i love animals !!
a great blog, I invite you to me! http://foodcreativee.blogspot.com/

John Going Gently said...

Delightful xox

thewiildmagnola said...

cute goaties.

I still love Keeper.

miss blogging with you.

my old blog disappeared. i could not find it.

new blog: http://thewildmagnolia-ocala.blogspot.com

take care of you....and your little piece of earth...