Our first ever triplets!

Today was a very exciting and scary day!! Lola had her kids!! She had triplets!! Our first triplets born here on the ranch! The first one was not coming in a good way, one leg was up over its head almost and the other was back under it ... I helped Lola by gently working the kid out as best I could, Lola took it well bless her heart.... Then I could feel another one, with time she had the second one which was HUGE but luckily wasn't all twisted up, then the third teeny tiny little fella ( who now holds the tiniest goat born here record)  was twisted up as well, one leg under it and one leg beside its head, between Lola and I we got him out and I went to work on him,  finally he took a breath! YES!!! He is so tiny! But with all this excitement  I am happy to report all three kids are doing super! Two bucks and 1 Doe the doe was the second one which was so big! Lola is not a big goat this was her first kidding.. Bless her heart she was  a trooper through the whole thing... and in the end tonight when I went to tuck everyone in for the night in the barn... Ms. Lola gave me a nuzzle on my face when I was squatted down checking the kids... I said you are most welcome Lola you did so good, look at your lovely kids... Good girl Lola! :O).....

 That nuzzle to my face, made all the worry and scary worth while...........

I will post pics tomorrow I didn't have time to get any today...

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i hope all 3 do well, and she has enough milk to feed them all! yikes! you must be exhausted! :)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh that is just too sweet! Mom knew you helped he though it!...:)JP

julieQ said...

Oh, what a great job you and little mama did!!! Can't wait for the pictures!,

the wild magnolia said...

This is a keeping experience, it is somehow sacred, to deliver these triplets. And...lola...nuzzling you, just precious.

Thank you.

DebH said...

You definitely got a big dose of experience with Lola's birthing and you sound like you handled it excellently! So glad all are healthy, but 3 babies for a first kidding?? That is one prolific little girl you got there...or perhaps that boy. I get all weepy after deliveries like that and while I stay strong during, I practically fall to pieces afterwards. I think you need a huge pat on the back for keeping all together..Congratulations and I am anxious to see photos!!

brokenteepee said...

Wow, triplets. How exciting. Congratulations! I can't wait to see them

Chris said...

Congratulations Tex!

And well done on keeping your cool and being the perfect midwife!x

LindaG said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear all are doing well. :o)
Have a wonderful day!

V.L. Locey said...

Congrats!! Aren`t triplets exciting?

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

CONGRATS!!! Triplets - how exciting. Poor mama goat, I hope they let her sleep ;-)

I have a race report up today if you want to stop by ;-)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everyone is doing well. Good thing for Lola you were there to help!

DFW said...

Congratulations to both you and Lola! That little one is sooo sweet.

Terry said...

Oh Texan, you are a hero! You probably saved 4 lives. Hugs, friend.