We are fine

I wanted to post and let you guys know we are fine! I appreciate the emails and comments left asking if we are alright, due to the tornadoes that hit down here in Texas yesterday. The bad stuff skirted by where our farm is...  a town approximately 25 miles away did get some houses flattened and damage but we never got that here the storm was going north east not straight east. That was close enough for me I must say. Its the town where I go to regularly for groceries and such, Forney.

Honeymans office is in Dallas however and didn't fair so well.  At one point I saw on TV they were giving yet another take cover now warning saying they had yet another rotation, they felt another tornado in the air and they showed it on the map and gave the street locations... It was right over my honeymans office!  No one was hurt but they did get hit. Busted Windows, leaking roof, skylights busted out. The cars in the parking lot got beat to heck with baseball sized hail and windows busted out. He had pulled his truck into the warehouse just minutes before it hit. whew... one other guy got his truck in the warehouse as well.. No one at the office was injured.

So thanks for thinking of us, we are fine!! :O)

24 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yikes! being hit at the office would have been terrible, too!

My Grama's Soul said...

GOOD!!!!

Jo

brokenteepee said...

I'm glad to hear that. For some reason I thought you were further away from all of it.

I am a geographical idiot

Chris said...

Relief Tex.

Take care.x

DebH said...

Glad to hear! It looked wicked from the photos I saw. Storms are so unpredictable, but tornadoes can leave me pretty shaken. So glad you are all safe!

Love Of Quilts said...

Good news is what I like to hear!

Nancy in MT said...

I was thinking of you yesterday, hoping all was fine and glad to hear the good news. I still have some distant relatives living in the Dallas area but more north and didn't hear of their towns having any damage. Wicked weather, for sure.

Millie said...

Glad you are safe. Tornadoes are way too scary.

Susan said...

so glad you are all safe and ok. How scary for your husband and you!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Scary stuff. So glad he and his officemates were okay.

John Going Gently said...

if you are fine... so are we x

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

SO glad to hear you're all okay. Dang scary to watch on the news, can't even imagine running from a tornado!

the wild magnolia said...

happy every "body" is ok.

Melodie said...

Yep,that was some scary weather!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Whew! Thank you for letting us know.

Inger said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are OK. That was a very scary thing to watch on TV and I don't know that I could live in tornado country. My hubby agreed that I would panic like crazy! Anyway, I hope no other storms come that close and it is good to know all is well at your house.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Thanks goodness you posted! When I saw "Texas" all over the news, I kept thinking about all of you that I chat with!!!!...Thank GOD!...:)JP

Terry said...

How very scary! When I heard about the tornados, I thought of you. I kept telling myself that Texas is a big state, and our Texan will be fine. I had no idea it was so close to you.

small farm girl said...

Thanks for posting! I was worried about you! I'm glad your all ok.

Hilltop Homestead said...

I am glad you are all safe. - Genevieve

V.L. Locey said...

Thank goodness! I was thinking about you when I saw the footage on the news.

Carolyn said...

I am so glad to hear you are OK! We saw some footage on the news here of trucks being tossed around in the air... truly astounding!

LindaG said...

Really glad to hear this. I know several people who live in Texas and I am never sure exactly where they are in relation to the weather.

We left Louisiana just as the weather was starting and had to drive through hail at one point, but it wasn't as bad as what hit you, thankfully.

God bless and have a Happy Easter weekend. ♥

Carla said...

So glad to hear all is safe. Sorry to hear about the office getting hit. In all the years as a kid when we lived in tornado alley I was lucky and never had to experience a tornado and don't want to start now that's for sure.