This and that...

 A few more pictures of the rose fence The roses are doing very well so far. they have really grown since I planted them. They were one gallon size plants so as you can see they have grown. We have just been so very lucky to have rain lately! Its done wonders for everything. :O)

Keeper helping me check everything out this morning, we make the rounds in the  morning.  He got a bath  yesterday so he is looking especially white today :O) You notice he is walking right along the hay but not on it! We have been working on realizing this is considered a flower bed and that he should not walk on the roses... he does really well until a grasshopper temps him by hopping around LOL
 You can see part of the gates and more roses here.
 I wanted to show you these Magic lilies... they are called several things it seems. The foliage comes up several months prior to the stems and flowers. It dies back and they are gone... Then poof a long stem as you see shoots up I swear almost over night and there are flowers! 
Keeper wanted his picture taken with them. :O)
 Thats one of my rosemary bushes behind them. 



9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

rhubarb! i hope you get some to harvest!

i love vanna white, er, keeper white! :) what a ham!

brokenteepee said...

Congrats on the rhubarb! I'm dying about that rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Keeper is a beautiful boy, I'm so glad you got him! We used to have those lilies in our yard when I was a kid too, but we called them naked ladies.

Sandy Livesay said...

Texas,

Keeper loves grasshoppers, lol....my little dog (a rescue) loves to chase birds. He sits and watches the birds and gradually walks over playing like he doesn't see them, then runs.

Your magic lillies are beautiful and I can't get over how big the one rosemary bush is.

I wish you luck with rhubarb, I hope your plant produces many healthy stalks for upcoming harvest.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I love rhubarb and your rose fencing too! I've never tried roses...perhaps next year!...:)JP

Anonymous said...

It seems like things have just totally flip flopped. Last year you guys were in drought, and this year, I can't seem to get a drop of rain. :-( Glad things are growing well for you. Amazing how well Keeper seems to be adjusting and learning with you.

Terry said...

Keeper looks so handsome after his bath!
Love those lillies - never saw those before.
The rose fence looks good, but it will be spectacular next year!

Erzebat said...

hiya :)=
(mauh) Liz

Love Of Quilts said...

Your rose fence is going to be like a picture from a magazine when they are grown.