How did I miss these guys

So I go out to the back garden and am looking at everything, just like I do every day. Then I see what appears to be a giant Zuch on one of my Zuch plants. I wasn't by them I was across the way from them. I thought that can't be a Zuch? I go over there and yes it is a giant Zuch approximately 14 " long LOL and not only is it there but there is another one on another plant and then one more bigger one as well....  I would normally never let a Zuch get this big LOL.. Geesh then a regular sized one LOL... Now what is odd is I check that garden every day. I look at those Zuchs every day!. Just night before I cut off a bunch of leaves off them I fed to the girls (chickens)  Didn't see them then.....I looked for squash bugs as I do daily, how on earth I missed these for the number of days it took them to get this big is beyond me LOL...
But all is not lost... I can use the meat for the Zuch sweet relish I make .. just de-seed and use the flesh.It gets chopped pretty small for relish. Or I can de-seed and can the meat for use in breads and casseroles etc.  Worse case if you have these and no use for them at this size.. The girls(chickens) would love them!

3 comments:

Terry said...

A nice surprise!

My Grama's Soul said...

I haven't been by here in forever.....so glad you are still living your wonderful lifestyle.

xo

Jo

Dani said...

Same thing happened to me last summer - most peculiar...