Done

I have finished the five romans shades and will be delivering them. I have four more to make now in a white linen.

This shade is hanging on my shade holder, while I checked and rechecked it to be sure it was exactly the right length and width and to be folding exactly even and straight!

About half way up ...
You have to envision this mounted inside the window casing. Here in Texas our window casings are about 4" deep. Where I know in some parts of the country the windows are more flat to the wall. The depth of the window casing really makes it nice for layering window treatments.. You can have inside mount roman shades or such an then do drapery panels outside mount or valances etc. Its a nice look.

                                                             Let totally down...

All the way up , yes its straight on the last fold, its just puffy on the left and since I am a terrible photographer, then you get bad photos lol. You can see all the rest of the photos it is perfectly straight lol
 about 3/4 way up 

Back of shade 

I maybe repeating myself .. lol I hope not ....  but anyway ...I am experimenting with some insulating romans. The medium used inside them is very insulating. Its suppose to increase your windows insulation by 76-80 percent. I am excited. It works both for keeping cold out or heat out!  I just need to find a few more hours somewhere to work with it a bit more before I start offering it to clients...

I am to the point I don't even know what to say about the amount of rain we are getting. Its good because we needed it so very badly. But its playing havoc with my gardening! Don't know when I have been this late getting stuff in.  I am starting to see some water stress on some plants, yellowing.  I know it won't last through the summer, well if it does it will be the first time ever I know of that we got rain all the way through summer.

We had a very nasty storm come through last night, but over all we did just fine. I know some folks were not so lucky, tornadoes were on the ground in Texas last night....

3 comments:

MushyWear said...

Great job on the Roman Shades! Glad to hear you were safe with the weather in Texas. I happened to catch the news very early this morning before school and saw the reports of 19 visible tornadoes yesterday. Strange weather indeed!

Henny Penny said...

Those Roman shades look so hard to make. How in the world did you ever learn to make them and turn it into a business. Hope your weather improves. Gosh, stormy weather scares me! Oh, I bet your hair is beautiful put up, and you are probably better at it than I am! I'm getting a perm Monday...Hope I don't regret it!

Love Of Quilts said...

My those are so nice. You are very talented. Good taste in the fabric.